We value our awards and accreditations, as well as our strong links with professional bodies including the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Geological Society and trade bodies such as the Association of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists and the Environmental Industries Commission.
Our recent awards not only recognise the talents and diversity of our people, but also reflect our aim to deliver value engineered solutions for our clients, meeting and exceeding their expectations.
2023 Ground Engineering Awards 2x Winners
CGL are proud winners at the Ground Engineering Awards for Ground Investigation Project of the Year(with Terradat UK & In-Situ) and UK Project with a Geotechnical Value between £500k to £1M.
We were also nominated for UK Project with a Geotechnical Value of between £1M and £3M and our Senior Engineer Iñigo Garmendia Odriozola was nominated for the Rising Star Award.
Constructing Excellence South West Award Winners 2022
CGL’s Exeter team scooped two awards and was highly commended in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion category at the 2022 Constructing Excellence South West Awards. We’re proud to have won the People Development award for our CGL Career Path and a huge congratulations to Regional Manager Steve Morgan for winning the G4C Future Leader award.
We’re looking forward to the Constructing Excellence National Awards on the 18th November in London which brings together the eight regional winners in each of the 15 categories to celebrate the very best of the best.
2022 Ground Engineering Awards
CGL was shortlisted at the 2022 Ground Engineering Awards for six awards including:
- Consulting Firm of the Year
- UK Project of the Year with a Geotechnical Value of Between £0.5M and Under £1M – Old Marylebone Road
- Ground Investigation Project of the Year – Fort Augustus to Skye OHL Reinforcement
- Award for Technical Excellence – pyPILE Plot
- UK Project of the Year with a Value of between £1M and under £3M – Shepperton Studios Expansion
- Rising Star Award – Joseph Birnie
2021 Ground Engineering Awards
CGL are proud winners at the 2021 Ground Engineering Awards for UK project with a geotechnical value of between £500k and £1M, for our project Peacocks Centre, Woking.
The project demonstrated exceptional design and construction, simple in concept but complex in technical detail, which was delivered innovatively, collaboratively with technical excellence at rocket pace during the Lockdown #3 period to virtually save the project for our client.
2021 Ground Engineering Awards
CGL was shortlisted at the 2021 Ground Engineering Awards for five awards including:
- UK project with a geotechnical value of between £500k and £1M
- Award for Digital Innovation (Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for rapid desk-based Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Risk Assessment)
- UK Project with a value of between £1M and £3M
- UK Geotechnical Team of the Year with Dawson Wam
- Rising Star Award – Madeleine Groves
2020 Ground Engineering Awards
CGL was shortlisted at the 2020 Ground Engineering Awards for six awards including:
- UK project with a geotechnical value of between £0.5M and under £1M – Potters Lea
- Ground Investigation Project of the Year – Calverley Square
- Award for Technical Excellence – The Evolving Buttress Pile Solution
- Ground Investigation Specialist of the Year
- UK Project with a value of between £1M and under £3M – Station Square
- Rising Star Award – Antonella Galliani
2019 Ground Engineering Awards
CGL are Ground Engineering Award Winners for UK Project with a Geotechnical Value up to £1M for our project 27 Commercial Road. Company Chairman, Nick Langdon said:
“We have been shortlisted seven times since 2011 in this category and have now won it three times. This is great endorsement of the work that we do for our client’s design and construction teams by our peers.”
Constructiononline Level 3 Gold Membership
To meet with increasing client demand and as further validation of our capabilities CGL is now accredited to Gold (Level 3) with Constructiononline after previously holding Silver accreditation for many years. Gold accreditation incorporates all the benefits of Silver membership and includes, in addition, assessment of Environmental Management, Equality and Diversity and Quality Management policies and systems. Through passing the extended pre-qualification questionnaire, we evidenced our compliance and commitment to meeting legislation on, amongst other things, Equal Opportunities, Modern Slavery and Anti-bribery and Corruption. https://www.constructionline.co.uk/