At CGL, our expert team of consultants provide a comprehensive range of geoenvironmental services through all stages of development, meeting the highest regulatory requirements and standards.
Our Geoenvironmental Services
Our award-winning, accredited team offers a comprehensive range of geoenvironmental services including:
- Geoenvironmental Risk Assessment
- Material Management and Waste Assessment
- Remediation Design, Monitoring and Verification
- Site Feasibility and Planning Constraints
We recognise that our clients work extremely hard in a challenging industry so our team can take the strain in all areas of geoenvironmental services. We are technical specialists in the investigation, assessment, and regeneration of brownfield and contaminated sites ranging from single development plots to some of the largest redevelopment schemes in the UK.
Our geoenvironmental service team has a proven track record of developing pragmatic solutions to manage the historical legacy of land and groundwater contamination, unlocking the value of problematic sites, and facilitating sustainable development.
Material Management and Waste Assessment
CGL has a proven track record of advising clients on all elements of geoenvironmental services including the minimisation of waste volumes. We also undertake the following construction site material management services:
- Onsite delineation and segregation supervision
- Numerical modelling
- Ground profiling
- Excavation volume assessment prior to contractor site mobilisation
As part of our construction site material management services CGL frequently helps clients gain appropriate permits, exemptions, or declarations under the Definition of Waste: Code of Practice (DoWCoP).
Remediation Design, Monitoring and Verification
We specialise in providing tailored geoenvironmental services including contaminated land remediation services which are designed specifically to align with project and site objectives. We collaborate with expert contractors and suppliers to develop practical and efficient strategies for successful project development.
We offer an overall contaminated land remediation project management service, including:
- Dealing with contract preparation and the tendering process
- Site management and independent verification
- Successful delivery of each project
Geoenvironmental Risk Assessment
Geoenvironmental assessment is used to identify and evaluate unacceptable risks associated with contamination and geotechnics and the potential impact on a site or planned redevelopment and forms an important part of our geoenvironmental services.
Where preliminary and generic environmental Geoenvironmental assessment identifies a potentially unacceptable contamination risk, CGL has specialist in-house Geoenvironmental staff capable of undertaking detailed quantitative risk assessment modelling in relation to sensitive receptors, including human health and controlled waters.
Where ground gas is of concern, we are able to offer advice and risk assessment with bespoke protection and measuring solutions where appropriate.
Why Choose CGL For Geoenvironmental Services?
Our team of experienced geoenvironmental specialists and engineering geologists include accredited Specialists in Land Condition (SiLC), Suitably Qualified and experienced Persons (SQP) under the National Quality Mark Scheme (NQMS), and Qualified Persons (QP) to support the use of the Definition of Waste: Code of Practice.
Directors at CGL have shared their expertise in the management of contaminated land as authors of the ICE Guidance on Contaminated Land.
We are able to provide the complete range of geoenvironmental services through all stages of your development, in line with the requirements of LCRM. We will work with you, the project team, and key stakeholders to generate an effective site-specific strategy that aligns with your development aspirations and site constraints.
At CGL, we believe in providing integrated development solutions, combining our in-depth geotechnical knowledge with our specialist geoenvironmental services, to achieve a practical solution that adds value and satisfies regulatory and building warrantor requirements.
Full Services List
- Desk study (Phase 1 desk study & contamination qualitative assessment) summarising the anticipated ground conditions, ground model, geotechnical / environmental risks and foundation options.
- Ground risk register
- Digital Imagery Analysis (LiDAR)
- Coal Mining Desk Study
- Liaison with regulators
- Design and undertaking of ground investigations (including surveying and remote sensing)
- Obtaining and liaison for Permits, licences etc.
- Investigation Supervisor Role
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Site Feasibility and Planning Constraints
- Interpretation of ground conditions to enable risk based contaminated land management.
- Hydrogeological Risk Assessment
- Contaminated land (soil groundwater, ground gas and vapour) risk assessment
- Asbestos in Soil and Made Ground
- Remediation options appraisal and strategies
- Remediation design, contract specification and management
- Site supervision and verification monitoring
- Verification reporting
- Input into Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Feedback Reporting (MMP Verification, GFR, Land Quality Statements (LQS and DCLQS). Waste Assessment/Classification, Materials Management Plan/Strategy (MMP/MMS).
- Specialists in Land Condition (SiLC), Suitably Qualified and experienced Persons (SQP) under the National Quality Mark Scheme (NQMS) and Qualified Persons (QP) to support use of the Definition of Waste: Code of Practice.
- Input to sustainability objectives and BREEAM
- Liaison with regulators including possible pre-submission meetings
- Building control and warranty provider submissions
- Preparing documents required by planning.
- Groundworks / Foundation / Piling Risk Assessment for protection of Groundwater Contribution to CEMP/review of CEMP
- Peer review services
- Expert Witness